GEDKeeper program is developed for work with personal genealogical database.
The program is designed for extremely simple and intuitive interface. The program is very easy to install on the computer, fully supports the GEDCOM format, has no restrictions on the number of persons and generations, allows you to generate pedigrees, building several tree species, as well as print and save their images, provides fast navigation, filtering, searching and adding multimedia materials. In addition there is an output of geographic data on Google maps (© Google).
The aim of the program is as quick and effective means of conducting personal genealogical database.
Released version v2.27.0/Windows & v3.3.0/Linux,MacOS,Windows
- Fixed error sending mail in Linux.
- Fixed error opening media files with a space in the name in Linux.
- Fixed ancestor circle segment calculation error.
- Added the option to define adoption, common-law marriage, and half-siblings to the kinship analysis.
- Improved Polish localization [Waldemar Stoczkowski].
- Improved English localization [Alexander Zaytsev].
- Added partial (initial) localization into Belarusian.
- Improved French localization [Christophe Gadaud].
- German translation and proofreading completed [Christian Bettinger].
- Returned window management functions.
- Fixed a bug with changing date periods in the event editing dialog.
- Added the feature to hide spouses of descendants (tree diagram display modes).
- Added the feature to restore default values for each of the settings categories.
- Added tree diagrams option to fix the same width of cards.
- Added option to enable warnings about overwriting database files.
- Added search and replace modes for facts and associations in individual records.
- Added a definition for the Icelandic relationship of father/mother brother (uncle) and father/mother sister (aunt).
- Added display of citations of sources of events in the information panel.
- Added output of all associations from the database to Navigator.
- Name display options extended to more places.
- Added partial (initial) localizations into Portuguese and Spanish.
- Added partial localization into Icelandic [Stridmann].
- Improved Ukrainian localization [Stridmann].
- Added localization into Hungarian [Lajos Kékesi].
- Added partial localization into Serbian.
- Minor fixes to localization files.
Released version v2.26.1/Windows & v3.2.1/Linux,MacOS,Windows
- Fixed font selection in tree diagram options (GKv3).
- Missing text issue on very large tree diagrams with very small font (GKv3) is partially resolved.
- Added option (tree diagram window, mode menu) to display person IDs in trees (GKv2/3).
- Crash when saving very wide trees to bitmap files (GKv2/3) has been fixed.
- Fixed output and saving trees with background color or image to file (GKv2/3).
- Fixed display of the Russian language when executing scripts (GKv3).
- Adjusted line colors in trees (GKv2/3).
- Fixed display of notes in lists (GKv3).
- The display of portraits in the person edit dialog (GKv2) has been fixed.
Released version v2.26.0/Windows & v3.2.0/Linux,MacOS,Windows
- Added an option to remember the overall size of the records info panels.
- Added control and closing of dependent windows when the main one is closed.
- Fixed errors in displaying tree diagrams.
- GKv3 has disabled support for the built-in VLC-based media player until a better option is found.
- Added pop-up years calculator to event editing.
- Implemented assembly of GKv3 package for MacOS [Alex Zaytsev].
- Updated, cleaned up and ported to GKv3 all plugins except GEDmill.
Released version v2.25.2/Windows & v3.1.0/Linux
- The first release of the 3rd cross-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS) generation of GEDKeeper - GKv3 has been released. This version is for Linux only.
- Updated Czech translation of plugins [Jerry Verner].
- Fixed many minor bugs in GKv3/Linux.
- Help updated.
Released version v2.25.1
- The .NET Framework has been downgraded to version 4.7.1 to be compatible with some versions of Mono (Fedora, FreeBSD).
- Fixed error loading images that require scaling.
- Fixed many minor bugs and shortcomings in the Linux implementation [tested by Andrey Maltsev].
Released version v2.25.0
- Fixed bug with missing spaces in notes.
- Updated Czech translation [Jerry Verner].
- Added display of days remaining until birth anniversaries, multiples of 10 and 25 years.
- Added display of marker tooltips with place names and dates in maps.
- Removed restriction on date ranges without known years.
- Added optional multipage printing of charts.
- Added the option to send the result of calculating the year of events from the Calculator plugin to the event editing dialog.
- Added feature to write to CSV from Lua scripts.
- Added sorting of event types by frequency of use in the event editing dialog.
- Added remembering filters in the record selection dialog (filter applying is now on the Enter button).
- Added remembering the last selected person in tree diagrams, and restoring when no other person is selected.
- Added protection for the output of "extended woman surnames": if displaying only maiden or married surnames is selected, but there are none, then the surname that is available is displayed (especially for children).
- Improved calculation of ages by chronological difference of years.
- Fixed display of person names in lists and tree (always the first in the list if the filtering language is not selected in the Navigator).
- Added recognition in files of non-standard designations of months in Russian, Dutch, French, German and Spanish.
- Added output of links to external resources by RFN tag.
- Fixed marriage surname and nickname reset when changing secondary structures of a person.
- Added remembering folders for saving scripts, images and reports.
- Added option to shorten date ranges in years only mode in tree charts.
- Removed plugins GKFoldersPlugin, GKImageViewerPlugin, GKTreeVizPlugin.
- The .NET Framework has been updated to version 4.7.2.
Released version v2.24.0
- "Data Quality" plugin has been merged with the "Check сonnection of families" tool.
- Added option to search and filter by all names.
- Program language cultures linked to system cultures for improved string sorting.
- Added handling hyperlinks in fact values.
- Removed experimental prototype of the terminal (console) implementation of the program.
- Removed sample plugin.
- Added support (recognition) of multimedia formats doc(x), xls(x), ppt(x), odt, ods, odp, djvu, zip, rar, 7z.
- The .NET Framework has been updated to version 4.6.2.
- Fixed many bugs.
- Added settings files for each of the supported language cultures.
- Added the ability to build a tree from a selected family record.
- The control of the maximum number of persons in the tree has been changed, taking into account the number of generations specified in the options.
Released version v2.23.0
- Fixed bugs loading places in maps.
- Added option to display special notes to persons in the tree (user references).
- Added option to switch the order of surnames in the tree.
- Export to Excel has been redesigned to export directly the contents of any list of records; added export to CSV format; function renamed to "Export table".
- Updated processing of Lua scripts; added operation to set `Primary` flag for multimedia links.
- Fixed bug with exporting statistics to Excel.
- Added support for themes; font options can be set in themes and alternative icons of interface elements.
- The .NET Framework has been updated to version 4.5.2.
- The "Calendar" plugin completely redesigned into a date converter.