Released version v2.16.2
- Implemented moving notes up and down [Milan Kosina].
- Implemented line wrapping in the HyperView of information panel.
- Added check for file existence when creating multimedia records.
- Added verification of the database for multimedia records (lack of files, archives, storages).
- Added support for relative paths to media files [Milan Kosina].
- Fixed the choice of the type of file storage in the multimedia dialog.
- Implemented the removal of multimedia files when deleting their records.
- Fixed event output if an additional event type is not specified.
- Fixed renaming and deleting of location records.
- Fixed merging family and individual records, transition buttons in editing dialogs, button images.
- Fixed editing dates of events with periods.
- Added new diagnostics for data verification: for families without spouses and/or children [Kevin D. Sandal].
- Added hotkey for saving files from tree diagrams.
- Fixed support for formats with zero IDs of records.
- Fixed opening files and OSM geocoder operation.
- Cleaning and optimization, improved support for two third-party GEDCOM formats.
- Fixed the script of the portable package.
- Fixed the work of the "Compare databases" tool.
- Fixed external viewing of PDF files (and other not supported by the embedded viewer).
- Proofreading of the English manual [Kevin D. Sandal].
- Implemented preliminary support for GedML format.
- Fixed pedigrees localization.
- Fixed Calendar plugin.
- Fixed overlapping of neighboring persons in tree diagrams.
- Fixed incorrect parsing of interpretable dates from Ahnenblatt.
- Fixed missing substructures in media records from extraneous files.
- Fixed convert links to sources in source records .
- Fixed convert media links to media records, and convert non-standard x-references.
- Fixed reading standard coordinates of the place.
- Minor improvement of circle chart.
- Improved support for several GEDCOM file formats.
- Fix of sorting the columns of some tables.
- Fix of long-distance displacement of male nodes (tree chart) in the presence of more than one marriage and a large tree of descendants from the first wife.
- Improved date input in the event dialog with regional format settings.
- Bugfixes for FlowInput plugin.
- Added the possibility to create and connect plugins to replace record's edit dialogs.
- Restored loading recent files.
- Created a new plugin for managing "folders" in GEDCOM files (to separate work areas in large files).
- Added option to automatically detect charset of GEDCOM files at load.
- Fixed execution of Lua scripts.
- Reduced memory consumption when loading large files (25-42%).
- Optimized a number of functions, allowing to significantly increase the speed of loading and processing large files (from 30 thousand records to very large files - 91mb, 538 thousand records, load time 25 seconds!).
Released version v2.15.0
- Added control unit for several families of parents and for the type of child/parent linkage (adoption, foster, etc.).
- Improved handling of parts of names.
- Added option to disable checking for a valid tree size (in most cases, checking is outdated, but can sometimes be useful).
- Added saving and restoring selected sorting columns in tables.
- Added the feature to disable the sorting of children and enable sorting of spouses for family's records.
- Added the feature to select colors for persons in tree charts.
- Created the Czech translation [Michal Novák].
- Added GKTray application (birthdays reminder and recent files manager).
- Added detection of data loops.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Added new validations of data.
Released version v2.14.0
- Fixed the bug with adding/removing portraits of persons.
- Returned the status bar to the chart's windows and added information about the size of the image.
- Fixed bug of loading FTBv6 files with the encoding Win1251 (ANSI + Rus).
- Improved collapsing tree branches.
- Fixed several minor bugs and simplified development projects.
- Finalized and included the generator of the Tree Album.
- Added the option of circle charts: arc text on/off.
- Added options for tree charts: margins, intervals between branches and intervals between generations.
- Added options for tree charts: hide unknown spouses and show birth and death places.
- Restored the work of the maps module.
- Implemented portable mode of the program.
Released version v2.13.2
- Fixed the bug of reading standard GEDCOM notes.
Released version v2.13.1
- Implemented the saving of circle charts in SVG.
- Fixed bug in the tree's chart with folding of branches.
- Fixed bug in the plugin "History Data".
- Fixed bug in the plugin "Data quality".
- Added option "Automatically check for updates".
- Fixed bug of loading of files "Agelong Tree" with incorrect encoding ANSEL.
- Fixed a crash in checking for new versions in WinXP.
Released version v2.13.0
- Added the folding of tree branches.
- The generator "Family Book" has been revised.
- Added option of displaying dates of marriages in tree diagrams.
- Added the inverted tree mode (ancestors at the bottom, descendants at the top).
- Added control keys for the number of generations displayed in circle charts.
- Fixed drawing of background of circle charts when outputting to a file.
- Fixed working of option "Hide empty segments" in circle charts.
- Added reports "Phonetics" and "Contemporaries".
- Created the first reporting plugin (reports "Frequency of names" and "Personal events").
- Created the subsystem of external reporting plugins.
- Fixed auto-scrolling of tree diagram when clicking on personal record.
- Added an examples of the databases "The Human Origins" (rus, lat) and "Ancient Kingdoms" (rus).
- Added a new plugin "History Data (links)".
- Added support for editing names in different languages.
- Added support for saving a snapshot of a tree in SVG format.
- Rpm-packages for Fedora / Rosa Linux are added.
- Added a new geocoder (OSM).
- Added a new plugin "Data Quality".
- Added possibility of highlighting portraits on general photos.
- Restored supporting of Ansel GEDCOM encoding.
- Fixed minor translation errors.
- Added a new plugin "WordsCloud".
- Fixed the problem of extra lines in family records while saving GEDCOM files, which led to import problems in other programs.
Released version v2.12.0
- Created the Chinese translation [Cui Jianquan (崔建全)].
- Created the German translation [Gleb Buzhinsky].
- The way in the interface for working with multiple files is changed from MDI to SDI (preparation for the future full porting).
- Considerable redesign of the program architecture.
- Created the Italian translation of the program [Amalia Boffa].
- Various minor improvements.
- Fixed error sending error log in Ubuntu 1604 LTS (Unity).
- Added a new plugin "Chronicle of events".
- Fixed saving of column widths in the list of individual records.
- Improved checking and excluding the second instance of the program.
- Improved operation of the record lists and processing of the columns.
- Implemented the formatting of text notes.
- Automatic replacement of direct links paths to multimedia files when using the program simultaneously between two operating systems (Windows / Linux); you need to manually edit the file of paths.
- Implemented display of progression when adding very large media files.
- Implemented option to disable the ability to add multimedia files with direct links.
- Replacement of absolute paths to multimedia files is realized when using the program and databases between Windows and Linux (for advanced users).
- Fixed the cache of portraits in case of two links to one photo.
Released version v2.11.0
- Added French localization (thanks to Diana Shilnikova).
- Added images cache for portraits. This improves tree chart performance with large number of attached portraits.
- Partially fixed the issue with access to media files when user switches between two different operating systems - Linux and Microsoft Windows (the issue was fixed only for relative paths).
- GEDKeeper is ready to introduce tips with national holidays.
- Updated photo displaying in the media viewer.
- Optimized the lists and added sorting arrow icons.
- Implemented VLC-based internal media player (VLC must be installed separately).
- Added a new warning (and option to disable the warning) when user adds a media file from removable disk.
- Added a new option to disable reopening of the most recent opened databases on the program startup.
- Included YAML-parser implementation to process external databases and configurations.
- Added ability to print a circle chart with print preview available.
- Improved charts rendering, zooming, scrolling and navigation inside circle and tree charts [ruslangaripov].
- Added new control to manage number of visible generations in a tree chart.
- Improved the popup control for tree chart zooming [ruslangaripov].
- Fixed HOME directory processing error occurred after new operating system has been installed (both Linux and Microsoft Windows).
- Added generating and exporting of a new document type -- "Album of Trees".
- "GEDKeeper GUI localization manual" was updated and translated to English [ruslangaripov].
- GUI improved within tree editor, person portraits management and setting up default portraits showing in the tree [IT].
- Made small improvements and optimizations.
- Considered more national language features aware of name processing.
Released version v2.10.0
- Added a geocoding engine (Yandex) and their choice in the options (Google/Yandex).
- Restored search for locations in the editor of locations and window of maps (GoogleAPI).
- Added language selection in the properties of the GEDCOM file.
- Save files in any encoding except UTF-8 are deprecated and disabled.
- Added check for updates on the website sourceforge.net.
Released version v2.9.0
- Added localization for Polish (Jacek).
- Fixed problems with European encodings of GEDCOM files.
- Small adaptation of import from the Ahnenblatt.
- Allow to process and edit maiden and married last names of women. Add several printing formats for such names.
- Improve culture-specific and culture-independent processing of names. Prepare a framework to attach languages to names and store this in a database.
- Combine GUI dialogs "Adding person" and "Edit person".
- Add new types of facts: blood group, hair color and eyes color.
- Add demo databases for the Bach and Nehru–Gandhi families.
- Add demo databases for mitochondrial and Y-chromosome gaplogroups (for ones who are keen on molecular genealogy).
- To improve modifications safety, GEDKeeper locks a record while user is changing it.
- Implement modifications canceling after changes have been made in editing GUI dialogs.
- Fix application behavior after clicking buttons that change parents or parents’ families while user is changing a person in the GUI editor.
- Improve supporting of multi-monitor configurations.
- Made a static analysis of the source code – fix over 60 possible defects and errors.
- Fix many small issues and improve overall application stability.
- Fix some errors.
- Use Russian name declination in birthday notifications and calculator of relation degree.
- Improve birthday notifications displaying.
- Fix behavior of child MDI (database) windows.
- Improve calculation of UDN and dates sorting when mixing calendar types.
- Improve English localization.
- Add calculator of relation degree.
Released version v2.8.1
- Correct English localization of the user interface.
- Add preliminary version of demonstration database for USA users (President).
- Refine and optimize the source code, fix some errors. GEDKeeper successfully passed a stress test processing a database with more than 60,000 people.
- Change default interface language to English to improve further internationalization of GEDKeeper.
- Move the question with calendars to a completion state.
- Begin unification of a part of the source code that handles locale-specific processing of people names.
- Add demonstration database for Russian users (Pushkin's family).
- Add prototype of the new plug-in: "Navigator".
Released version v2.8.0
- Clean and optimize code.
- Included are a selection of the interface language at first run after installation.
- Implemented selection of portraits from photos.
Released version v2.7.0
- Added a diagram of the circle of descendants.
- Improved options of the circle of ancestors.
- Added generation of ascending pedigrees (ancestors).
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Added periodic autosave.
- In the installer for Windows added support for switching languages.
- Added backup of files before saving.
- Fixed display of links in location information.
Released version v2.6.0
- Added English localization of help.
- Export pedigrees to RTF.
- Add package for distribution on Debian/Ubuntu Linux.
- Add Mono-supporting (Linux).
- Add new unique framework for unified encoding and sorting dates in any calendar, with any precision.
- Restore html-pedigree generation to be compatible with Linux.
- Simplify help content down to html only to improve Linux compatible (help content has no CHM files).
- Add a function to duplicate person entries (for cases when you need to share data between two entire namesakes).
- Add context menu to tables in the main work window.
- Show calendar label for a date.
- Remove supporting of Ansel GEDCOM encoding.
- Add ability to edit several names of one person.
- Add new statistics: demography, death-rate estimation for men and women on each five years of age.
- Fix incorrect tree output happened in some modes.
- Improve personal records merger.
- Fix notes filtering, when adding into other records.
- Fix small error on displaying person's associations.
- Improve plug-in for 3D rendering of tree, but there is a lot more work to do (need a collaborator get used to 3D and dynamic transformation programming).
- Implement many small fixes and code improvements (speed, safety and stability).